Rock bottom mortgage interest rates won’t last forever! -At no time in our history has the interest rate been this low. For San Diego home buyers that have been waiting for the market to improve this is a big reason to jump in.
Favorable Interest rates and a good selection of homes provide a great opportunity for San Diego buyers to take advantage of the market. Here are a few things to for buyers to keep in mind:
1. Know what you can afford before you fall in love with your dream home.Get pre approved with for a mortgage loan. Veterans are eligible for zero down financing by using their VA loan benefit.
2. Consider additional expenses that come with owning a home like property tax, insurance, HOA, Mello Roos and repairs.
3. Be flexible on the little things. It would be wonderful to find a home with everything you want, but those are hard to come by – distinguish nice-to-haves and must-haves early.
4. Have imagination and look beyond paint colors, wallpaper, or other easy and affordable things you can change.
5. Don’t compromise on the big things, such as enough bedrooms to accommodate additions to the family or space for an office if you work from home.
6. Always inspect even if the surface looks great; it’s important to know if anything major is wrong and what it will cost to fix.
7. Think about the future in regard to the neighborhoods, surroundings, schools, and developments.
8. Factor in future job relocation especially if you’re in the military and will likely be transferred on orders every few years
2012 is off to a promising start. Mortgage rates continue to drop and have remained under 4% for nearly two months. Home sales are strengthening and pending home sales, a measure to gauge future sales, are at their highest levels since March 2010.
Lorraine Santirosa is a San Diego realtor that specializes in helping first time home buyers and military families purchase their homes. 619-248-5484
TOP FIVE AREAS SAN DIEGO MILITARY FAMILIES BUY HOMES
I’ve done my research – Search the Top FIVE areas that San Diego Military families purchase homes
SEARCH POPULAR AREAS NEAR NAVAL BASE SAN DIEGO OR 32ND ST. NAVY BASE
We serve all branches of the military whether you’re Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard. We even have experience in dealing with border patrol and prison workers. The site will address relevant information pertaining to home buying, selling, financing and mortgage relief options. We do not at this time have the ability to help those looking for rental properties but we encourage all our users to compare the option of buying vs. renting to see which one makes more sense.
We’ve gathered all the key information you will need to satisfy your off base housing needs based on our years of working with the military community.